Why Have An Ultrasound?
Ultrasound scans tell us a great deal about your baby. They are the first connection you have visually to your baby growing inside you, you can see the baby is developing normally, move, and maybe even suck their thumb!
The primary purpose of any scan is to assess the wellbeing of your baby but every effort is always made to obtain great ultrasound pictures for you to take away.
At every scan Dr Penman conducts, you will be given:
- 2D scanning with printed images
- 3D and 4D (real time moving 3D images) with 2D and 3D printed images (for all scans after 10 weeks)
- A medical wellbeing report of the scan findings
- An explanation of all the details of your report during the scan appointment
PLEASE NOTE: There are no hidden extras in the scan fees, and no extra is charged for 3D and 4D images.
Why Choose Dr Penman?
Dr Penman is fully qualified Obstetric and Gynaecology doctor, with further specialist training in fetal medicine. Fetal medicine is a branch of medicine that focuses on managing health concerns of the baby (fetus) during pregnancy. A major part of this is scanning the baby, checking measurements against data for your particular stage of pregnancy, making sure that your baby is growing correctly, and that all the structures within your baby are also perfectly formed.
Dr Penman offers a comprehensive ante-natal diagnostic service using state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment, capable of producing 2D, 3D and 4D ultrasound pictures of your baby.
What Happens If Problems With My Baby Are Found?
Should any problem be detected, Dr Penman can guide you through the management and treatment for your unborn baby. He is highly qualified to discuss and counsel you regarding the health of your unborn baby.
What Scans Should I Have During My Pregnancy?
Dr Penman conducts a variety of baby scans for all stages of pregnancy. You are welcome to attend all these scans, or just individual ones, if you wish.
- Viability (Dating) Scan (6-10 weeks)
- Nuchal Scan (with Early Gender Scan) (11-13 weeks)
- Early Growth Scan (with Gender Scan) (14-19 weeks)
- Anomaly Scan (20-24 weeks)
- Growth/Wellbeing Scan (24 weeks+)
- Harmony Prenatal Testing (Non-invasive testing for Downs Syndrome, Edwards Syndrome, Patau Syndrome and X/Y chromosome abnormalities)
For more information on any of the scans Dr Penman offers, please click the button below.
You can book any of the baby scans Dr Penman offers by clicking on the blue appointment button below.
Alternatively, please visit the Contact Us page and ring the hospital of your choice.