What Is This Scan For?
- Check your baby is growing in line with previous scans
- Check basic structures and anatomy
- Assessment of the baby’s gender – at 16 weeks the genitalia is fully formed and Dr Penman has a 99.99% accuracy rate of assessing the gender. See Baby Gender Scan Overview for more details.
When Is The Scan Performed?
This scan is performed from 14 – 19 weeks
Who Performs The Scan?
Dr Penman, Consultant Fetal Medicine Specialist, performs the scan
What To Do When Attending This Scan
Please bring any previous scan and medical reports with you to the appointment
How Long Does This Scan Take?
The appointment takes 30 minutes, but the actual scanning will be less than this. The rest of the appointment time will be used for Dr Penman to take any medical history and to explain the results of the scan to you
How Much is The Early Growth Scan with Gender Scan?
The Early Growth Scan and Gender Scan costs £150 and includes:
- A CD of still 2D and 3D images
- A DVD of 4D images (real-time moving images). PLEASE NOTE: There is no audio on this DVD, but you are welcome to record the baby’s heartbeat on your phone during the scan – for more information on the importance of detecting the baby’s heartbeat, please click here)
- Some printed images
- A full detailed medical report
PLEASE NOTE: There are no hidden extras in the scan fees, and no extra is charged for 3D and 4D images.
Please bear in mind that if you have a raised BMI, this makes 3D and 4D scanning much more difficult. This is not a reason for Dr Penman to rescan
For more information on any of the scans Dr Penman offers, please click the button below.
You can book this scan by clicking on the blue appointment button below.
Alternatively, please visit the Contact Us page and ring the hospital of your choice.