Dr Penman is a Specialist Consultant in Fetal Medicine, trained to offer the highest quality service in fetal scanning and testing, unlike some baby scan centres that only use technicians with no medical degree.
What Does Dr Penman Offer In The Harmony Test?
- Pre test counselling on the possible results of the Harmony Test eg Down Syndrome and other common chromosomal abnormalities.
- Post test counselling and support for any high risk results.
- All Blood Test and Scans – all performed by Dr Penman.
The information below will tell you about the test, the Harmony Prenatal Test Results, the Harmony prenatal test accuracy and what these results will mean, although this is all explained by Mr Penman.
Harmony Prenatal Test Accuracy
The test looks for fetal DNA in the mother’s blood using the Harmony Prenatal Test. The test identifies:
- 99% of fetuses with Down syndrome (trisomy 21),
- 97% of fetuses with Edwards syndrome (trisomy 18)
- 80% of fetuses with Patau syndrome (trisomy 13).
- X/Y chromosome abnormalities.
The testing is non-invasive, that is samples are not required to be taken directly from around your baby. A simple blood sample from the mother’s vein in her arm. The Harmony Prenatal Test is an advanced screening test rather than a diagnostic test. It does NOT detect 100% of cases of trisomy 13, 18 or 21.
Harmony Prenatal Test Cost Options:
10+0 weeks to 11+0 weeks – £600.00 This option INCLUDES…
- Two ultrasound scans -Viability Scan and Nuchal Scan
- The first appointment during the 10th week of pregnancy, Dr Penman will provide full pretest counselling and perform a viability/dating scan.
- Blood is also taken for the Harmony Prenatal Test.
- The second appointment is about 2 weeks later in the 12th week, he will perform a full 1st trimester anomaly and Nuchal translucency (NT) scan. Gender scan if you want to know.
- The results are combined at the second appointment, from the scans and blood test and Dr Penman will fully explain all the result to you at this appointment.
11+1 weeks to 14+0 weeks – £500.00
- This is a single visit.
- If you have already had a scan elsewhere, it is wise to bring the reports along with you so that Dr Penman can review the results with you before proceeding.
- Dr Penman will provide full pretest counselling and perform a 1st trimester anomaly and Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan
- Blood sample for Harmony Prenatal Testing.
- Gender of your baby if you wish to know.
- The results will be communicated to you by phone or email within 7-10 days and where necessary, a further visit to Mr Penman’s clinic to discuss the results will be arranged at no additional cost.
14+1 weeks and beyond – £500.00
- This is a single visit.
- If you have already had a scan or screening test performed elsewhere, it is wise to bring the reports along with you so that Dr Penman can review these with you before proceeding.
- Full pretest counselling will be provided and Dr Penman will perform a scan appropriate for the stage of pregnancy before taking the blood sample for the Harmony Prenatal Test.
- The results will be communicated to you by phone or email within 7-10 days and where necessary, a further visit to Dr Penman’s clinic to discuss the results will be arranged at no additional cost.
High Risk Results If the Harmony Prenatal Test shows a ‘High Risk’ result, it does not mean that your baby definitely has a trisomy and Dr Penman will arrange to see you in his clinic to discuss the result fully with you. A diagnostic test such as CVS or Amniocentesis may be recommended. Low Risk Results A Low Risk Result is a risk of less than 1:10,000. Most women will have a low risk result and in these cases it is highly unlikely that your baby has a trisomy and the result will be phoned and/or emailed to you by Mr Penman. For More In-depth Patient Information regarding the Harmony Prenatal Test, please click here If you would like to book a Harmony Prenatal Test please go to the Baby Scan Booking Form. Or you can click the ‘Book A Harmony Test’ at the top of the page.